How do you 'enable' FlashPlayer in Google Chrome?.

spuds 26 Nov 13
Answered

Apparently trying to view a video using Google Chrome, I am being advised that FlashPlayer as been 'disabled', so the video cannot be displayed.

Going through various procedures, I cannot find the correct method for 'enabling' FlashPlayer to play on Google Chrome. This was after checking a few links provided by the original error message, on how to resolve this problem.

Anyone with any suggestions or ideas?.

Woolwell 26 Nov 13
  Batch 26 Nov 13

You shouldn't really need to enable Flash in Chrome as it should be on by default (but not on Android devices - that's a whole different ball park).

Also you do not need to download a Flash plugin (e.g. from Adobe) as Chrome has a built in Flash plugin that is installed and updated automatically. It is known as PepperFlash. As far as I know it is from Adobe but just bundled with Chrome and tends to get updated more quickly (when there's an issue) than Adobe's own version. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if the reason for many Chrome updates is down to the Flash element needing updating (thanks a lot Adobe).

spuds 27 Nov 13
Answer

Thanks guys, all very much appreciated.

I have used the link Woolwell provided, and indeed FlashPlayer had been disabled, which I seem to now recall, I did due to another problem a few months ago (probably something to do with java?).

I haven't been able to test if enabling Flashplayer, as resolved the previous problem, but I will over time.

Thanks again, will now green tick.

spuds 29 Nov 13

Perhaps now worth a mention that I have noticed that Google Chrome appears to have got a little slower and less responsive since enabling FlashPlayer, so it looks like it might be something that needs watching more, for future correction or adjustment.

I have also noticed that on some websites, FlashPlayer now gives the option, via a yellow pop-up, of using FlashPlayer on that website either on a full time or part time one-off basis.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message