how do you do that "click here" thing

bigface 12:15 02 Mar 06

when i want to send an internet sight to a friend how do i do that "click here" thing iam running mindows millenium thanks for your help

MichelleC 12:17 02 Mar 06

Copy and paste url from address bar or type out url and include http//etc...

ACOLYTE 12:18 02 Mar 06

It works on this site because it changes the link to a click here automatically,just paste a link into your post and the site does the rest,as for sending to your friend,you could always use file/send that sends a page/link by email,or just go to the site and copy paste into the url into an email.

Stuartli 12:25 02 Mar 06

For a URL you can either use Ctrl + C to copy after highlighting the line and then Ctrl + V to paste it into an e-mail or, alternatively, right click on the URL and click Copy.

To insert it into the e-mail right click again on the point you wish it to appear in the message and select Paste.

The basic method is the same, just different ways of achieving it.

Smiler 12:32 02 Mar 06

Once you paste the url into an email and end it when the recipient clicks on the url their browser will be directed to the site.
The url will be in long hand so to speak.

GroupFC 13:25 02 Mar 06

Just to add that you can make your own "click here" in an e-mail by typing those words ( or any others you want to!), highlighting them and then going >insert>hyperlink and pasting the URL in the box that pops up.

Smiler 14:24 02 Mar 06

Excellent tip didn't know that one :-)

GroupFC 15:03 02 Mar 06

Glad you liked it - I have learnt something from all the time I spend on here!

anchor 15:30 02 Mar 06

GroupFC

Only works if you send the message in HTML format.

Hope your keeping well.

GroupFC 15:58 02 Mar 06

Yes, I am thank you. Hope you are too!

I didn't know that - all mine go in HTML - something else I have learnt today!

anchor 16:28 02 Mar 06

Yes I am fine thanks.

I tend to always use plain text as some organisations only accept messages in this form.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant