How do you do this

n4165si 13:49 02 Jul 10

I have been advised to do a search for all files with .ftw in them and move them to another directory.As these files will be on my Hard Disc now,how do i move them and set up another directory.

gengiscant 14:02 02 Jul 10

re you looking for these fies? click here
and what operating system are you using?

Taff™ 14:03 02 Jul 10

I presume these are all files from "Family Tree Maker" or Ancestry. Open Windows Explorer or My Computer. Right click on the C: Drive and left click on search.

For the file name put in "*.ftw" without quotes. The * is a wildcard so that all files ending in .ftw will be found.

Then simply select all the files with that extension, cut and paste to your new directory.

n4165si 14:23 02 Jul 10

gengiscant Taff™
I can find the files,but what Directory will i paste them to?

MAT ALAN 14:48 02 Jul 10

click here

might help...

not going to ask why you think you need to move them tho...

woodchip 15:03 02 Jul 10

Right Click in Windows Explorer then Create New Folder Name it. To look for files

you should do it like this in search, type *.ftw then press enter you can right click the files then paste into new folder, or by clicking on top file then press and hold Shit key it will select them all at one go the right click the files that change to Blue and drag to new folder

n4165si 15:15 02 Jul 10

MAT ALAN woodchip
Thank you for your responses, the reason for moving these files is because i might have a corrupted file that may be locked ,and it will not open my Ftm 2006 program, after deleting and re installing the programme,TWR computing suggests to eliminate the possibility of this Directory being the culprit ,to move the files to another directory but they did not say how this is done .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…