How do you delete Internet Explorer continued

Totally-braindead 20:08 20 Apr 03

I'm afraid I'm back. It looks like I spoke too soon. I thought by blanking the computer and reinstalling everything would be ok, but its not. I just got cut off from the internet again. So I've wasted my time. Am I correct in saying though that if I've blanked my computer and reinstalled everything, as I have, that the only thing left would be a fault on the phone line? By the way not everthing is reinstalled, just Win98se and the following drivers, monitor, graphics card, sound and modem together with the VIA drivers for my mainboard. So theres nothing left to cause a problem. Is there?

MAJ 20:26 20 Apr 03

Had to go and read your other thread, Totally-braindead. Your problem is that you can't connect to the internet properly or for any length of time?? Have you tried a different connection? Try making a connection to Freedom, see if you can stay connected, that will, at least, rule out the connection as a factor. It's a free low rate-charging connection. Set up a DUN using:

Username = freedom

Password = freedom

Phone Number = 0845 604 2079

see if it improves any.

Totally-braindead 20:37 20 Apr 03

Thanks MAJ, trying it now, will update the thread when I know whats happening.

Belatucadrus 20:41 20 Apr 03

click here for some freeware supposed to maintain internet connections

Stuartli 20:55 20 Apr 03

In the Extra Settings field insert S10=50. Click OK and OK on the previous screen. This tweaks your modem Initialisation (init) settings to try and prevent short noise bursts or carrier interuptions from closing your connection.

Also use BT's 17070 free service to check how quiet your phone line is (if you use BT!).

I have a very quiet line and decided to ask BT to boost the gain - big mistake!

I had to ask them to return the gain to normal.

Also have a look at sites such as click here - there are many such sites.

Totally-braindead 00:47 21 Apr 03

Thanks for all the help. I'm away to work on it. It is 100% certain that the problems I'm having are with Freeserve and Freeserve alone. Thanks to MAJs tip which never cut me off its proved the problem is with Freeserve rather than the BT phoneline.

Totally-braindead 14:35 21 Apr 03

Well I eventually got to the bottom of it. The modem was failing, today Monday it finally died RIP, and I had to buy another modem. What a palaver to find out though. Thanks once again to everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…