How do you compress pic for email

TonyTT 12:48 20 Feb 07

Hi

I have a Yahoo email account and I want to send some photos to my mother. It will only allow me to have 5 attachments, i.e. five pictures on each email. I want to send the whole file, which is quite big. How can I compress them into one document in a free format that someone of the "older generation" will be able to unwrap at the other end?

Thanks

recap 13:06 20 Feb 07

You can use Paint to save the picture to .jpg format which is the smallest format for emailing.

Save each one individually and then attach them the same way.

.jpg is a standard file format which any photo editing software will open.

oldbeefer2 13:41 20 Feb 07

Alternatively, download Piccasa click here(free Google prog for handling pictures). You can e-mail from that and it will shrink your photos to suit. Great for organising the pics too.

HondaMan 13:52 20 Feb 07

using winzip
click here

recap 14:12 20 Feb 07

Assuming that the recipient has winzip.

tenplus1 15:46 20 Feb 07

I use a great little program to view my photos called Irfanview, and it also lets you resize and apply effects to them...

So when I generally want to email a photo I shrink it to max width:640 (max height:640) and save as Jpeg at 75% compression... small file

is a handy utility click here

As HondaMan suggested, WinZip will do the job, just make the file 'self extracting', then the recipient doesn't need to have WinZip installed, they can just double click to extract.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017