How do you Close and Open Port

Lozzy 19:07 25 Mar 04

I have undertaken a security scan in Syamntec and it tells me I have some port open, after upgrading to Norton Internet Security 2004.

They are
Port 1025 with the program definition of Unused Windows Services Block

also

ICMP Ping. Ping is a network troubleshooting utility. It asks your computer to acknowledge its existence. If your computer responds positively to a ping, hackers are more likely to target your computer

port 22 SSH. TCP connections to this port might indicate a search for SSH, which has a few exploitable features. SSH is a secure replacement for Telnet. The most common uses of SSH are to securely login and copy files from a server.

Port 80 HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol). HTTP is used to transfer Web pages over the Internet. Port 80 should be open only if you're running a Web server.

My question is How do I close these ports?? I have got the box enabled to stealth all ports.

Thanks in advanced

igk 20:16 25 Mar 04

Go here and do a scan its gibson research,they have freebees that will close these:
click here
Hope this helps.

Lozzy 20:40 25 Mar 04

thanks

TommyRed 20:42 25 Mar 04

I did a scan from that gibson research link 'Shields Up' I think it was called. It showed 2 ports open, I was able to close one but 1025 remained open using Outpost. I changed to Zone Alarm free, scanned again and it was stealthed. So changing your firewall also can help. HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant