how do u remove LAN icon in notification area ??

ShorN 17:06 03 Mar 03

in winows xp in the notification area in the task bar, my Local Area Network icon appears,(two screens with a red cross through) i then go to properties and go to "always hide" but the bugger keeps popping back up after i reboot some time later?? is there a way to permanantly remove this icon??

Any help much appreciated!!!

Gaz 25 17:16 03 Mar 03

Must be a registry problem, right click the clock and select Customize notifications and make LAN always hide.

Gaz 25 17:18 03 Mar 03

select properties and untick show notifictaion icon when connected. Click OK, the 'bugger' should disapper/.

ShorN 17:19 03 Mar 03

thats what ive been doing but alot of times say the next day when i turn pc on it will 90% of the time be ack on "hide when inactive"???

ShorN 17:20 03 Mar 03

ive unchecked the box as well!!!!

Gaz 25 17:29 03 Mar 03

Is a network cable unplugged.

Try disabling and enabling your Network card to reset Registry.

If no luck, I dont know, Sorry.

ShorN 17:31 03 Mar 03

it says network cable is unplugged? but i have no network cables???

Gaz 25 18:11 03 Mar 03

your Network card, in device manager (do you know where it is?) and right click and disable this should disable your network altogether, another way is to try and delete your LAN connection altogether.

Gaz 25 22:39 04 Mar 03

Did the above work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…