How do U get Internet Explorer to open new pages?

Pooke100 12:02 02 May 05

I'm sure it's been asked before but I can't find anything. When you click a shortcut from your desktop (say eBay) for example it opens in the internet explorer window already open instead of a new one.

VoG II 12:03 02 May 05

Right click, Open in New Window.

VoG II 12:04 02 May 05

Ignore that!

bluesbrother 12:05 02 May 05

Right click the link then click 'Open In New Window'

bluesbrother 12:07 02 May 05

Ah. Eyes wide shut there. Must learn to read properly.

mattyc_92 12:47 02 May 05

I sometimes get this e.g. When clicking onto the "Home Page" link in programs, it sometimes opens in a web browser that I have just been using...

So what I intend to do, is make sure that I minimize the window, click onto the desktop (not an icon), then use the link, and 9 times out of 10 I have got around this problem...

Don't know why this happens though...

Joe R 12:54 02 May 05

Pooke100,

if you already have a window open, click on the Explorer symbol, on your desktop, programs, or quick launch, and a new window will open.

You can open as many new windows as required this way.

Pooke100 13:48 02 May 05

mattyc_92 thanks but that doesn't work at all for me.

Joe R thanks for that but I know how to open a web page. What I want to know is how to open a short cut from the desktop and get it to go into a new page instead of taking over the current one.

For example, I am on PCA now if I click eBay on the desktop it'll open over the top of PCA. I want it to open a new page when I click the shortcut, so that I have 2 windows open.

I usually have webpages displayed as small windows, so the desktop is visible all of the time.

hope this makes sense.

Access Moron 13:57 02 May 05

press sht shift button while you left click on the hyperlink.

This will fail if the hyperlink uses java to force a new window

However it will work in most cases

Pooke100 14:08 02 May 05

You're a GENIUS!!

Thankyou!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…