how do u get a form on my site.,

i want to add a form to my website so customers can fill in their details and pay by pay pal how do i do this...

Forum Editor 23:21 01 Dec 03

it would be helpful to know what software you're using to create your site.

You'll need to register with PayPal before they can accept payments on your behalf, and then their site will generate html code which will create 'Pay now' buttons for you. These will contain links direct to Paypal's site, and the code will tell their server which products and prices are involved. All you have to do is create a product catalogue with a PayPal button for each product or service.

If you don't have many separate items you can create the catalogue in a simle table - the PayPal site (to which your customers will be taken) has all the necesary forms already set up.

sorry am using namo webeditor3

Taran 12:21 08 Dec 03

If you tell us who your web host is one of us may be able to help you very quickly.

Most web hosts have preconfigured CGI scripts for feedback forms, so if you ask your host or check up your account properties with them they could get a form on your site in moments. It will normally be a bit limited (name, email address and comments) so if you need more than this you may have to run an outsourced CGI or PHP script, but we can advise on that if it is required and supply links to usable scripts for you.

Either get back with your web host details of contact them yourself and ask about form CGI scripts.

Regards

Taran

my web host will be ntlworld
i basically need a form as follows
email address..........
mobile network.............
IEMI.................

then a payment button that takes thier payment.

so the details they input on the form will be sent to my email so i can reply to them once they have paid..
i have heard that there is an online payment that takes credit card payments for a % of the cost do u know who they r...
cheers
adam

Taran 13:01 08 Dec 03

Sorry, I completely overlooked the payment requirements of your question (always read the question !)

That's a different kettle of fish entirely.

PayPal have links on their site click here for Merchant Tools which explains a bit about how to go about registering with and using their payment system. PayPal, like all the other major players, have preconfigured shopping carts, product catalogues, form order processing and all kinds of other widgets that you can use for a price.

How much to you need the system to do ?

How big a product range or service range do you have ?

Will people be choosing from 1 or 10,000 options ?

There are lots of considerations to be made and possible outcomes, but it's difficult to advise based on the little information you've supplied.

ok here ya go.
theres only the one product
its a remote unblocking system for all nokia mobile phones.
they suplly me the network they r on
and the iemi number of their phone.
and their email address.
they pay the 5 pounds and once i have the payment confirmed i send them back by email the unblocking code for the phone...
thats it..
can u help me further..
but i have heard that there is a site that the customer does not nned to sign up to. they just pay by credit card and the site take a percentage of the cost do u know of it...
cheers

smullan_2000 15:36 12 Dec 03

why dont they just call there network for the code, you do realise that it will be mostly theifs that will you's your service and that most of them wont have credit cards and if they do they will probibly be stolen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…