how do u dual book windows xp and kubuntu?

stephen0205 21:58 08 Mar 07

hi there i recently got a live cd for kubuntu and i love it, not enough to switch completely from xp but enought to want to try i for a while, and i would like a guide or some info on how to do this , i was able to do it with the old ubuntu disk but its more complex now and i have no clue, please help, i have another post on this but got no replys. thanks

Madscot_uk 22:49 08 Mar 07

If you are happy with doing it with Ubuntu [what im using] you can install the KDE manager from within Ubuntu from the package manager.

You can then choose the KDE window manager from the login screen giving you Kbuntu, which may be the easier option for you

Ms

Madscot_uk 22:54 08 Mar 07

Looking for the kbuntu install guide lead me to the Ubuntu one click here I assume it will be the same for the Kbuntu live cd, if not u can use the method i outlined in my last post

woodchip 23:35 08 Mar 07

First if your Hard Drive, as got a lot of free space you can get Acronis Disc Director or us one of the free ones if you no how to mess with partition, But use the above it's easy to use. You then make the main Partition smaller just by draging a slider control in Acronis. this leaves Free space. You do not need to do any more only load Kubuntu, it will see the free space and load it there, it will also load a Dual boot manager that Starts at boot and give you the option on what you want to run.

terryf 23:57 08 Mar 07

>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…