how do people use different browsers?

johnnyrocker 14:23 05 Oct 05

i often read posts regarding using different browsers etc, my question is how does one go about trying them out and if i change will i lose my explorer? some clarification would be nice please.

johnny.

woodchip 14:27 05 Oct 05

I use Netscape 7.2 I got fed up with repairing IE. but you can still use IE I do for XP updates but use Netscape for all others. I also prefer Netscape Mail.click here

woodchip 14:27 05 Oct 05

All settings under Edit Preferences

mgmcc 14:31 05 Oct 05

You just download the new browser - Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, Avant or whatever - install it and run it like any other application. It doesn't affect Internet Explorer which you can still use if you want, or need, to.

Stuartli 14:31 05 Oct 05

You can try several browsers if you wish - my preference is for Firefox and Thunderbird for e-mails.

I keep IE in reserve (regularly updated) just in case it is ever required.

VoG II 14:31 05 Oct 05

Just install but don't accept the offer to make them your default browser. You can always do this later if you wish.

Belatucadrus 14:42 05 Oct 05

"how does one go about trying them out" Simply download and install. click here It'll probably ask if you want to make the new browser the default, just keep clicking no until you've found one you prefer.

will i lose my explorer?" No

octal 15:36 05 Oct 05

I've got six browsers on my machine, maybe more, IE isn't one of them.

dan11 16:03 05 Oct 05

Just download the one you wish to try, don't make it your default as above and click on the new internet icon.

It should import your internet settings automatically, whether it be dial-up, broadband, WiFi or cable.

You can run 3 or 4 different browsers at one time. Any you do not like just delete them from add and remove progs. You can use IE in conjunction with these other browsers.

johnnyrocker 17:12 05 Oct 05

many thanks to all i am know a much more knowledgeable person.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…