how do i wipe xp

carlinglover 19:25 28 Mar 05

i have networked 2 pcs but the 2nd had been playing up.. i now have no icons or start menu on the 2nd and wondered in lamen terms how do i wipe xp from start up so i can then insert xp disc and re install... wont let me re install til i wipe this one ty for any help

SANTOS7 19:28 28 Mar 05

click here
this may help,good luck.....

carlinglover 19:32 28 Mar 05

thanx for that but it wont let me install xp i need someway to wipe b4 i try again

johnnyrocker 19:35 28 Mar 05

system restore?

johnny.

carlinglover 19:36 28 Mar 05

got no icons or start menu the scree only has back ground picture???

carlinglover 19:37 28 Mar 05

how do i wipe the hard drive and start from fresh please?

SANTOS7 19:38 28 Mar 05

Have you tried pressing F8 as you startup and selecting "last known good configuration"

iambeavis 19:42 28 Mar 05

Try Ctrl+Alt+Del and, if it brings up Task Manager, go to File - New Task and type in explorer.exe - it should create a fresh desktop with icons and start menu.

MGNM 19:46 28 Mar 05

Do you want to format and start again -- is that what you mean?

Note: new breed of answerers on here now. Need for precision in questions otherwise they all go off at a tangent :o)

carlinglover 19:48 28 Mar 05

i think what is really needed is to wipe xp off the pc and start again please anyone how do i do that?

SANTOS7 19:52 28 Mar 05

My computer>right click C\: drive>select format,if you have not tried any of the other suggestions try that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…