how do i wipe my pc??

mighty_mondo 22:27 05 Jun 06

i have a packard bell pc running XP, i had a serious hard disk fault and now i want to reset my pc to "as new" conditions.
it came with XP pre-installed and i have a set of 3 back up cd's that i used before but i cant remember how to do it......when i click on the first cd it just opens to show me all different files...........please help

Widows Son 22:29 05 Jun 06

Put cd1 in and restart the pc - hopefully it'll do the rest itself.

Widows Son 22:32 05 Jun 06

If the hard disk is faulty - reinstalling will not help - if your software is messed up then the reinstall should do the trick

mighty_mondo 22:33 05 Jun 06

i tried that earlier and they aren't, nothing happened and windows started as normal.

I had to reset it back to factory settings once before, just cant remember how......i thought there was an option on the pc somewhere?

mighty_mondo 22:34 05 Jun 06

hard disk is fine now, but the software is a bit messed up so any ideas how to reset it?

Widows Son 22:45 05 Jun 06

If not - its not really an easy thing to talk somebody thru on a forum - every bios is slightly different but click here
should help

woodchip 22:49 05 Jun 06

You start computer with number one disc in Comp

Widows Son 22:50 05 Jun 06

to reset the pc to as early a date as possible - doesn't always work but when it does its a lot less hassle

woodchip 22:51 05 Jun 06

You may have to press a key when it's starting with the CD in. It should say in the instruction book you got with the PC

Widows Son 23:01 05 Jun 06

on some packard bells this will get you into restore

mighty_mondo 07:21 06 Jun 06

will this work, it is a set of 3 packard bell recovery disks i have though.........not a XP cd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…