How do i wipe my harddiska nd start over?

Chris-190573 22:03 09 Jul 05

Dear all,

I have been having problems with a laptop which was a former employees and he has locked all other users and set himself as the administrator and i cannot add or remove anything from the computer, It is proving to be somewhat useless and it is needed by the business.

The laptop is not connected to the internet.

I have taken all important files from it and would like to remove everything and re install windows 2000 from the cd.

Start over from fresh, is this possible?

Thanks

Chris

Strawballs 22:56 09 Jul 05

Can you get into the bios if so set it to boot from cdrom first put the OS disk in the cd then reboot and follow instructions

howard60 16:18 10 Jul 05

if you have access to a floppy drive you could download the ultimate boot disk for win2k [use google] then by booting from it you can prepare the drive for windows. This sets it up and you can then load 2k.

Completealias 16:23 10 Jul 05

Also if you have a floppy you can download killdisk click here which will complete erase all inforamtion on the drive including partion info you will then need to boot with a boot disk and use fdisk to create a partion and then format it

ianeon 17:49 10 Jul 05

I agree with COMPLETEALIAS - I have used KILLDISK before it is very good.

Chris-190573 17:57 10 Jul 05

Thanyou for your help, i will try this tomorrow morning.

It is such an amazing thing having this forum available, cant thank you and pc advisor enough!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…