How do I wipe my hard drive

felix11 17:31 18 Jun 05

Could anyone please advise me how to clear my hard drive and re-install windows xp. I am currently running xp but still have win 98 and lots of unwanted stuff on hard drive. Many thanks.

alltime 17:35 18 Jun 05

Felix Try this

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:45 18 Jun 05
  swapper 17:46 18 Jun 05

Strawballs 18:14 18 Jun 05

XP could not be simpler just reboot follow instructions to enter setup to enter bios then set it to boot from cd rom first then put your XP disk in and reboot and follow instructions

johnnyrocker 18:42 18 Jun 05

right click my computer disk manager and proceed from there if xp

BEN MARSHALL 20:08 18 Jun 05

1) Acquire a full Windows XP CD.
2) Edit the BIOS to boot from CD:
press either depending on PC "Delete" "Esc" "F2"
once you have entered the BIOS in the boot settings set CD ROM as first devise Hard drive second Floppy third. press F10 to save changes Yes/OK

3)insert your windows XP Full version cdrom and reboot.

4) Press any key to boot from CD....

5)Let windows drivers load this will be in a DOSS like format.

6) delete the partitions and original drive.

7)press enter for clean install

8) wait and be patient... follow on screen prompts...Install successful!!

PS. to acquire a windows Xp CD you will have to borrow one or buy some hardware e.g. RAM or a Hard Disk Drive Windows Full Version May Cost over £100,

for help feel free to add me to Ur msn contact list [email protected]

BEN MARSHALL 20:11 18 Jun 05

When asked what file format to do its NTFS Quick format

mattyc_92 20:47 18 Jun 05

You should contact the FE and ask him to remove your e-mail address from your post as you could get loads of spam messages.

If someone wishes to contact you, they can just click onto the envolope next to your screen-name to e-mail you (note that you shouldn't use this feature unless the person has said you may or use in "extreme" sercomstances (spelling?) )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…