How do I wipe clean

ATB 11:26 14 Aug 04

I Wish to wipe everything off my pc due to virus infections which is blocking antivirus live updates,The problem is I had a new mother board so my restore discs do not work.Can anyone tell me how to wipe off windows 98 and reinstall??

Many Thanks

Chegs ® 11:30 14 Aug 04

click here

D/l this and run it,read the instructions first,as it needs a couple of switches to completely remove all partitions/data on a hdd.

johnsims 11:32 14 Aug 04

Insert a boot floppy and when the machine comes up at the A:\ prompt, type format c: and hit return. You should then have a clean disk and can reinstall. Make sure you back any important data first.

pj123 11:49 14 Aug 04

Before you start make sure you have all your installation discs. eg. Motherboard disc, sound, graphics, modem, and all programme setup discs. You can get a bootdisk from click here if you haven't got one. Also make sure your BIOS is set to boot from floppy disk first. Your restore disk still won't work though so you will need a Win98 installation CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple