How do I virus scan another computer?

Mr Confused 13:49 14 Apr 06

Key:
Computer A = Infected Computer
Computer B = With fully working virus protction

I am trying to virus scan the hard drive of Computer A in my home with my Computer B as Computer A seems to be ridden with viruses and it seems to have disabled the Live Update protection on the computer. Can I use an ethernet cable or something similiar to connect the two computers and scan the Computer A hard drive rather than fiddle around with physically moving the hard drives around?

Bagsey 14:12 14 Apr 06

^

skidzy 14:19 14 Apr 06

Try downloading Ewido and save,copy to a flash drive or burn to disc...then run it on the pc in question..
click here You may have to update it.

AndySD 14:22 14 Apr 06

Norton Anti virus download the stand alone update click here and install.

Boot the infected pc into safe mode and run the antivirus.

On the infected pc try an online virus check like Trend click here

remind 14:26 14 Apr 06

a; FPROT for DOS ; click here
b; latest definition files ; (look on left of posted page, Virus Definitions) - unzip to FPROT folder

copy to root of your problem PC, boot in safe mode, run FPROT and scan the whole drive. Not quite as simple as that if you're using WinXP, but it can be done (with a bit more effort).

Ewido is a spyware/malware detector but not antivirus. Running both would be ideal.

Mr Confused 15:08 14 Apr 06

Thanks for your help. Will try out your solutions and will report back in a while.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…