how do i view pc screen on a tv

JEFoord 20:40 24 Aug 07

Hi

Can anyone tell me if i would need to change any settings anywhere to view my pc screen on my tv.

I have just got a flat screen tv with a vga connector and a lead supplied. my laptop connects to it but i have to press fn then f4 twice to get the display on the tv.

so if i connect the vga lead to my desktop pc and tv is there anything i would need to change?

Thanks for your time

John

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:57 24 Aug 07

Probably not

the laptop is connected via the vga external d plug hence the keys required to swap to that connection from the TFT connection.
Your PC graphics out is probably the same d plug as yopu use to your monitor.

holme 21:06 24 Aug 07

Is your TV just a 'standard' display, i.e. not high-definition?

If it's a standard (PAL) display, that's 576 pixels high so it's possible that the graphics card in your PC may not have a compatible screen mode for that. In which case the display may appear oversize (e.g. 800x600) - or no display at all.

It's worth trying though, but maybe the graphics card user-guide can give you more info on what screen modes it will support. HTH.

JEFoord 21:10 24 Aug 07

the tv is a high def model. i have twin graphics cards so do you think i would be able to keep my pc monitor connected to one graphics card whilst tv connected to 2nd graphics card?

Payroll2 21:37 24 Aug 07

When i connected my pc to a lcd tv i had to set the graphics card refresh rate to 65 hertz before the picture would display

holme 22:12 24 Aug 07

Having two graphics cards will make the whole thing a lot easier as you can leave the PC set-up running as-is and adjust the separate TV display as required.

And as the TV is hi-def, you're far more likely to be able to get a compatible screen mode. So go for it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…