How Do I Use a Wacom Tablet in Paint Shop Pro?

s99Raj 18:41 25 Feb 04

I have a Wacom Tablet installed on my PC running XP Professional. How do I use it with paint Shop Pro 8.1?
In other words, how can I use the tablet as my input device instead of the mouse?

dogtrack 15:56 26 Feb 04

if the Tablet is USB and your mouse is PS2, they will run together, Just install the drivers from the disk. I would presume if they are both USB they will also run together. You can use the tablet as a mouse replacement if you wish. It functions just the same in other programs, but not as versatile.

ventanas 16:12 26 Feb 04

Yep, Just pick up the pen and use it. Ignore your mouse. If you want to change how the pen behaves use the Brush Variance pallete.

s99Raj 19:12 26 Feb 04

Nope - it simply doesn't work. The mouse is PS/2 and the tablet USB but I'm guessing I need Xp drivers for the tablet, even though it shows up OK in Device Manager.
Does anyone know of a site that contains the drivers becaause I can't find them? The model of the tablet is ET-0405-U.

Curio 20:53 26 Feb 04

click here from here

Curio 20:56 26 Feb 04

Click on Support!!

ventanas 21:41 26 Feb 04

OK I see what you mean. I have Wacom tablets attached to two computers. Both also have a PS2 mouse. On each machine, as soon as the tablet was plugged in XP loaded a rudimentary driver. In both cases I also loaded the supplied drivers from the CD. Did you not get a disc with your tablet? If not do as Curio says and download the proper driver. I don't know how good the XP driver was because I never gave it a chance. Good luck.

s99Raj 22:10 26 Feb 04

I tried the above link from Curio but I got the message :

File not Found
We're sorry! The page you were trying to view is no longer here.

The CD that came with the tablet has drivers for W95/W98 etc. but not XP.

cycoze 22:12 26 Feb 04

At the top of that page is a tab for support try click here .

s99Raj 22:21 26 Feb 04

Aha - brilliant !
It works!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…