how do I use the forum?

confused_alan 17:49 24 Jun 14

I am trying to change my password for the PC Advisor Forum. I had an anonymous email from PC Advisor, and I replied to it. Since the address is [email protected] I am not hopeful of any response. Can any reader help me out?

Here is the email correspondence: Subject: Re: PC Advisor account From:
To: [email protected]; Date: Tuesday, 24 June 2014, 15:37

How do I change my password, then? Your website tells me my username and email address are already in use. I know that!

From: "[email protected]" To: Sent: Wednesday, 18 June 2014, 11:31 Subject: Re: PC Advisor account

Hi Alan Sorry its taken so long to get back to you. Is this still an issue. I managed to login as you and change your password (then changed it back).

PC Advisor

On 13 May 2014 18:19, wrote:

I have an account with your website.
I have successfully logged in.
I want to change my password by updating my profile.
Whenever I try that it asks me, not unreasonably, for my name, email address and (presumably current) password.
However, it then tells me that the email address I have entered is already registered: I  know it is, I used it to log in!
I want to keep my email address unchanged but update my password.
How do I do that?

yours frustratedly

This message is private and confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies from your system. If you are not the intended recipient disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of IDG UK. Clients and suppliers can view our full terms and conditions at www.idg.co.uk/terms-and- conditions/

IDG Communications Ltd. Company Reg No: 1197840. Registered in England and Wales.

This post has been edited to remove personal information - FE 24/06/2014

john bunyan 18:58 24 Jun 14

First it is unwise to show your e mail address here. If you click on "my profile" in top right hand corner, I believe in the password box, you can change it.

Also the message you had was labelled private and confidential, yet you copied it here - not cricket!

lotvic 22:16 24 Jun 14

At the top of this thread there is:

Welcome confused_alan | My Posts | View Forum Rules | Contact Forum Editor click on 'Contact Forum Editor' and tell FE your probs and he will sort them out.

confused_alan 22:16 24 Jun 14

Sorry about that, point taken. Just goes to show the perils of cut-and-paste!

Anyway, I tried your suggestion, it told me all the other fields were required even though it has already told me my email and username are already taken.

Any other ideas?

bumpkin 22:34 24 Jun 14

* I had an anonymous email from PC Advisor,*

Who do you think sent it?

Contact FE as per lotvic advice.

confused_alan 11:43 26 Jun 14

to bumpkin: it was anonymous in the sense of no named individual.

to lotvic: I believe I now have (some) email contact with FE.

confused_alan 11:49 26 Jun 14

to john bunyan: I've tried again to change my password in the My Profile page, but if I leave the other fields alone, it tells me they are all required. If I try to put in real information, it tells me my idents etc are already in use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…