How do I upload a web site?

corc 23:22 21 Jan 03
  corc 23:22 21 Jan 03

I need help in plain english about uploading a web site. I have created a web site, that at the moment is just one page, using Frontpage. I am a freeserve user and understand that I have free web space. I don't know what the ftp address is. I have tried diffrent addresses according to Freeserve On-line help. But I'm stuck. Can someone explain what I need to do or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

jazzypop 23:30 21 Jan 03

According to click here you should be using uploads.webspace.freeserve.net as the address to publish to. It does say "If you are still using our Webspace service", there is a different address above for the MyFTP service (whatever that is).

Forum Editor 23:55 21 Jan 03

any of the FrontPage components - like forms, or hover buttons etc. you must upload the site to a server that has the (free) FrontPage extensions installed.

FrontPage - particularly the latest version - is gaining in popularity, and most good hosts now install FP extensions as a matter of course. I don't know it that applies to Freeserve, but some other free webspace providers don't install the extensions.

If you haven't used FP components your site should upload (and work) on any server. There seems to be a fairly helpful page on the Freeserve site
click here to see it.

short-circuit 00:04 22 Jan 03

The address for the ftp server is as jazzypop said. The My Site builder Service allows you to build a page online and stores the page on a different server.

You will also need your user name and password to log on to the site. My ISP takes my email user name and password for those details.

I use a free ftp program to upload my pages to the Internet. Have you got one of these? If so, which one?

If the address given by Jazzypop has solved your problem, let us know. If not, post again to this thread and I'll try to help you out.

Scott

Bun 13:23 22 Jan 03

Assuming you have organised a web site with your provider or another and you have the address and password for the site then:-
Open Frontpage, open your web page, Click on File, click on Publish Web... it will then ask you for the site name and password. Hey presto hope that is what you need.

Bun 13:27 22 Jan 03

Duh sorry should have read your post properly. You must get the information from Freeserve if not there are sites which will give you free web space. This may be helpful click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…