How do I upgrade computer from USB to USB2?

allymaccat 02:03 26 Jan 03

I have just purchased a H.P.psc2110 printer/scanner/copier and I now see that in the “Port(s)/Connector(s) Required” line 1x serial - USB 2.0 - 4 PIN USB TYPE B is stated. Does this mean that it will work with either or that it requires all? If I require all can I upgrade my 2 years old MESH 1ghz Athlon computer to USB 2.0?
I have never paid any attention to anything about USB 2.0 in the past thinking that it would never affect me.

[email protected]

DieSse 02:06 26 Jan 03

If it really does require a USB2 port, then you can buy, quite cheaply, a 2 or 4 port plug-in card for USB2.

jediknight007 04:19 26 Jan 03

I think USB 2 devices are backwards compatible and will work with USB. I ain't sure though, just a guess.

Eraflooz 05:13 26 Jan 03

Easy enough...I just bought a cool little 4 port USB 2 PCI has 4 external(rear)ports, and an internal one as I guess it is actually 5 ports...It is backward compatible with USB 1, and was a piece of cake...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…