How do I update my motherboard drivers

erkmatrix 13:15 04 Mar 04

I'm a total novice so could someone please explain how to update my motherboard drivers and to find out what motherboard is actually on my machine.

ATI say that my motherboard could be causing conflics with my graphics card.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:40 04 Mar 04

You first need to know your chipset so go to
click here

and download and install this it will tell you all you need to know about your pc.

Regards.

erkmatrix 13:57 04 Mar 04

can't I find out somehow by going somewhere on my machine, I keep up clustering my PC with all these various software programs didn't really want another one.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:15 04 Mar 04

Yeah read the mobo manual.Works wonders

Regards.

Sheila-214876 14:16 04 Mar 04

Yes, there is another way. Open up your PC and write down the numbers that are stamped on the Motherboard. Now go to Google and type the numbers into the search box. But it is so much easier to download aida32 as  ÑÌÇKÑÂMË has suggested.

JerryJay 14:32 04 Mar 04

junipaire,

This is really a great software which give you a report what on your PC.

The good thing about this program is that it does not to be installed. Just download, unzip it into a directory and click *.exe file to run it. When you finish, delete whole directory, no trace left.

Once you know your motherboard (chipset) maker and model number then go to manufacture's web site to download.

If your machine is produced by some big box shifters such as dell, you may out of luck because they use their special version of components and I am not sure if they offer drive software for download, you may need to speak their support team.

Diemmess 14:38 04 Mar 04

Usually these are OK for that particular motherboard.

If the clue about your graphics card is that you have just changed it, then you may be having trouble either with its own drivers really being the correct ones for your O/S, or because the Graphics card was once perhaps "onboard."

If previously you have used onboard graphics, you now need to change the BIOS settings to acknowledge this.

JerryJay 14:53 04 Mar 04

Diemmess, Onboard graphics should be automatically disablled, but some bios maynot be able to do this.

Diemmess 17:14 04 Mar 04

I still dwell with the need to change the BIOS when I stop using some onboard facility....... Whichever way it is, it might help you a lot to tell us what you can about your computer and its recent life history.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…