How do I update my drivers in order to play games?

JamesParis 20:50 14 Jun 14

Hello. I was recently given a second hand computer as a gift. I'm not sure what make/model it is, but I was told it was good enough for point and click adventure games. From what I understand, I think its just a case of updating my drivers? but I have no idea how I would go about that. Especially given the fact I don't know what model my desktop is. I would greatly appreciate a helping hand, as all I want to do in my free time is play the odd adventure game (is that too much to ask?) I hope this will guide me in the right direction. Thanks for reading.

James,

wee eddie 03:09 15 Jun 14

The first thing to do is to download and run this little bit of Free Software Belarc Advisor. It will tell you all about your PC.

Who made it. What it's Operating System is. What Processor it has. How much RAM is installed. What Graphics Card, if any, is installed.

Save that, possibly Print it out, and then you can tell us those things that I have asked. Armed with that information we should be able to give you a guide as to what it's potential is and what you may need to do to improve it's capabilities.

nickf 12:25 15 Jun 14

Just download the FREE utility called Slimdrivers , run it , it will check your PC , and then show you all the driver updates available and links so you can download . I use this on all my PC's with no problems .

JamesParis 21:44 15 Jun 14

Thanks for the help guys. I've finally managed to update my drivers. I really appreciate it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…