how do i update driver/s for nvidia g/force 4

JAR JAR BLINK'S 11:55 29 Jan 03

when i go to dxdiag==display==it says=nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 with agp8x, then, main driver=nv4_disp.d11 version 6.13.10.4072{english}.
Now,when i try to play battlfield 1942, it all starts ok, but when i jump from a ship into a landing craft, everthing freezes--lock's up, i cant do anything but turn the computer off. my computer is a new advent pentium 4 2.8 ect from pc world, i'm thinking although new, i may need to up date the driver for my card. i've been to the nvidia site, but for the love of me, can't understand what driver i should have ect ect.Anyone help please?. my op/system is win xp. cheers, jar jar.

recap 12:03 29 Jan 03

Try this method JAR JAR BLINK'S:

Open Control Panel/System/Device Manager select your card then select Properties in the properties window click the Driver Tab then the "Update Driver" button. You should then be connected direct to the site to get your driver. Before doing this though note down the current driver number to see if there is a newer version.

BEVERLEY-256334 12:14 29 Jan 03

Hi, I did just this on my mothers pc and it solved all her problems with games that don't play properly. I also have windows xp with the same nvidia graphics card. You need to right click your desk top and from the list choose properties, click the settings tab, then the advanced tab, then the GeForce Mx 400 tab, then click nvidia on the internet and from the list that appears choose update drivers, then from the start here menu choose graphics driver then on the second list that comes up choose the GeForce and TNT, then from the third list choose windows XP/2000 then click go. Then go to the primary download site and follow the instructions. Good luck,. Jodi1943

JAR JAR BLINK'S 12:40 29 Jan 03

thank's you lovely people, i'll try all you say,when i've admedinner,jar jar.

tran1 12:52 29 Jan 03

Have you tied disabling any anti virus programs running in the background before you play? (Particularly Norton).

click here**&p_li=

JAR JAR BLINK'S 14:09 29 Jan 03

Analysis Information

Thank you for submitting an error report. The Online Crash Analysis service has processed and analyzed this report and has determined that this crash event was likely caused by:

NVidea Display Driver Control Panel Applet

NVIDIA® Corporation is the manufacturer. To prevent this problem from occurring again, uninstall NVidea Display Driver Control Panel Applet using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

A newer version of NVidea Display Driver Control Panel Applet is available which may correct this problem. If you would like to continue to use this product, after the uninstall has completed, download and install the latest version of NVidea Display Driver Control Panel Applet from the NVIDIA® Corporation web site at click here. If the problem persists, please contact NVIDIA® Corporation and alert them of the problem.
jodi 1943,this is what i get if i follow your instructions,i'm still not sure what to do. jar jar.

grove34 14:11 29 Jan 03

since when was the 440 8x

JAR JAR BLINK'S 14:12 29 Jan 03

i don't know grove34, but thats what it says

grove34 14:23 29 Jan 03

i've got a Ti4200 and thats only 4x , and there are only a few 8x cards out at the moment and they cost loads.

MartinT-B 16:39 29 Jan 03

Grove34 -

Leadtech do a Ti 4200 with x8 64MB for £125.02, 128MB for £146.88

and even better Connect3D do the ATI Radeon 9500 8x and 128MB for £117.15

All available click here

Prices incl. VAT

grove34 16:45 29 Jan 03

maybe i should have waited lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…