How do I update from Acrobat 3 to 6?

pcbobby 15:32 15 Nov 05

Acrobat 3.

Some months ago, I downloaded Adobe Reader 6. I assumed that this would automatically replace my old Acrobat 3.
However, I note that all my documents (including the most recent), still show up in Properties as: C:\acrobat 3\ my docs. etc.

Is there some action that I must take to update to Acrobat 6?

My PC OS is W98SE

pcbobby 15:58 15 Nov 05

Hmmm. No feed back! May be silly question??

watchful 15:59 15 Nov 05

I recently updated (free download) from Acrobat 3 to Adobe Reader 7 although I am on XP.

Take a look here to find what you need: click here

pcbobby 16:10 15 Nov 05

Yes, I think that Adobe 7 is for XP.
I will peruse the site you list.

Hamish 16:22 15 Nov 05

Do your documents open in Adobe Reader 6 and if you have the old version on your computer try putting it in the recycle bin. You can always restore it if necessary. Make sure that you have version 6 installed correctly ( do a search)

Version 7 is for XP etc

pcbobby 16:24 15 Nov 05

I shall have a go!

pcbobby 16:48 15 Nov 05

Glitch!! I had to restore Acrobat 3.
But cannot open My Docs now.
I saved a copy yesterday, so have not lost anything.

Skyver 16:50 15 Nov 05

This is merely personal opinion, but you may want to try Foxit Reader - if you only use Acrobat to read .PDF files and not edit them. click here

interzone55 16:56 15 Nov 05

Are you saying that your PDF documents are stored in the folder c:\acrobat3\my docs ?

Simply move the documents to a different folder.

Then to be on the safe side uninstall acrobat (both 6 & 3 if 6 hasn't overwritten 3) then reinstall Acrobat 6.

Diemmess 17:03 15 Nov 05

It is good safe practice to uninstall old versions of anything first, before installing a later version.
The exception to this is where the later version is clearly stated to be an upgrade.

You may be running into all sorts of difficulties but it is not too late to use Control panel > Add/Remove programs and remove anything to do with Adobe (unless say you are using Photshop or another Adobe product)

You can almost certainly find a free download site of Acrobat Reader 6 (to play safe) or even 5 if you are not certain 98SE will run with 6

pj123 17:06 15 Nov 05

How big was the file you downloaded? I have the full Acrobat Reader 6 file on my hard disk, it was about 17mbs.

If you are on Broadband I can email it to you, if not I can put it on a CD and post it to you. Either way let me know via the envelope.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…