How do I uninstall a twain driver

celticbhoy0 21:45 20 Jun 04

got an old digi cam, and the twain comes ona floppy and works fine on my XP machine, even though it is realy meant for 2000. Problem is that when I boot the PC and sign on everything connected to a USB port takes about 3 to 3 mins to initiate, which is murder waiting to get use of externasl modem. anyone any ideas as it doesnt show in add/remove software?

Stonechatz 21:56 20 Jun 04

... search for the make and model of the camera - and locate where the driver is stored under properties - I am not sure, but you might be able to un-instal driver from this area of c/panel too.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:57 20 Jun 04

control panel > system > hardware > device manager

click on your usb devices and unistall all of them.

when they are gone click on action . scan for hardware changes and let xp reinstall the usb drivers.

Djohn 21:58 20 Jun 04

Should be in a folder from- C:\windows\twain_32
Try Start/Search/All Files & Folders and search for TWAIN then TWUNK files. Remove any that are connected with your digi-cam. j.

woodchip 22:15 20 Jun 04

Look for twain and TWUNK using search and deleate them, If you have a scanner you will have to reload the drivers for that after.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…