How do I uninstall NTL broadband?

cdb 19:12 05 Oct 04

I installed it on a friends laptop while I was sorting a problem for him, to enable me to connect to the internet. Now I've finished, how do I uninstall the usb modem? It disappears when you pull the usb cable out, but surely if he got hold of another modem, he'd be able to connect it up, set it to LAN and connect with my login/password which I can't find to delete.

Windows XP
Thanx in advance

cdb 20:06 05 Oct 04

feb 20:22 05 Oct 04

Hi cdb, try this; Right click my computer, click properties>hardware>device manager, find the device and uninstall it.

cdb 21:01 05 Oct 04

I tried that and it uninstalls, but as soon as you reconnect it, it reinstalled along with the connectivity from my password and user name :-S

sandyback 21:38 05 Oct 04

make sure you have disconected your ntl broadband
modem,before you uninstall the software

cdb 22:12 05 Oct 04

There doesn't appear to be any software unless I'm missing it. :( Just the usb (auto detecting)modem

feb 22:23 05 Oct 04

did you tell the pc to remember your password?

cdb 22:26 05 Oct 04

It never gave me that option, it only asked for it as part of the install and I can't find it anywhere to delete it:(

feb 22:32 05 Oct 04

How about this click here

cdb 22:45 05 Oct 04

I'd try that, but am I going to erase all his passwords and cause alot of problems?

Tim1964 23:25 05 Oct 04

You could change your password for NTL (on your PC) to something else, then the password on his PC won't work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…