How do i uninstall my gfx card and add a new one ?

Daveson 23:35 17 May 04

Hi there i need to remove my Radeon GFX and all drivers and add a new one. Please can you tell me how to go about this. Thanks from Craig.

Smegs 23:43 17 May 04

To remove the drivers, goto ADD/REMOVE programs. To exchange the CARD, you will need to open the side of the pc. Locate the Card, remove the cable that connects the Monitor to the card. There should be ONE SCREW holding the card in, remove it. The card should pull out. Insert the new card, put screw in. Put side back on. Attach the cable. Turn PC on, Install DRIVERS.

Smegs 23:44 17 May 04

Sounds simple. ;-))

woodchip 23:47 17 May 04

Device Manager remove the Adapter and shut down comp then do the manual bit of fitting the new card

Djohn 23:48 17 May 04

How do you attach the cable after you've put the side back on? ;o)

PSF 23:49 17 May 04

click here

If you un-install the drivers from the control panel. Do not re-boot, Use the tool from the above link to remove all the drivers,then shutdown the pc, remove the old card, fit the new one, reboot and Windows will find the new card and ask for the drivers. Insert the cd and install the drivers.

Make sure you have earthed yourself first to avoid static discharge. It is best to leave the power plugged in and SWITCHED OFF at the wall, touch the metal case to earth yourself.

Daveson 23:49 17 May 04

ok then, thanks for your help.

Smegs 23:51 17 May 04

Djohn, are you taking the micky??? :-))

woodchip 23:56 17 May 04

He would'nt do that

Smegs 23:57 17 May 04

woodchip, Think Djohn gone to sleep.

PSF 23:57 17 May 04

I think Djohn has one of these cards with the Video-in plug on the inside click here LOL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…