How do I uninstall ie5.5 from WinME

justray 22:50 11 May 03

Microsoft reckon I can't uninstall ie5.5 from ME as I guess it's embedded. Thing is, a website visited recently added a link to itself on my right hand dropdown shortcut menu and I need to remove it. If I hit the rh mouse button I get the usual 'cut' 'copy' 'paste' etc followed by the link to an unsavoury website, which is a bit anti-social. Short of reloading ME are there any quick solutions ?

Lone Crow 23:00 11 May 03

Try using System Restore to go back to a point previous to when the link was made. It might just do the trick if the link relies upon a registry entry. I have my doubts, but you've nothing to lose but a few minutes... LC.

broggs 23:02 11 May 03

you can uninstall i.e. using a program called 98lite .I think the web site is click here
you can use the free version.Its worth buying the pro version though as it speeds your pc up no end.

leo49 23:06 11 May 03

click here

Take a look at the above - it's quite easy to do.

powerless 23:07 11 May 03

"unsavoury website"

Sounds like your IE has been hijacked.

click here adaware, download, install, update and run and it should find the file asscoisated with the website and then just remove them. It will probabaly find other files as well...

If that fails...

click here again, spybot, download, install and update. This should get rid of it. But if you do use this its a little more powerful than adaware so becareful what you delete.

Eastender 00:14 12 May 03

IE uninstaller click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…