how do I type a word in excel worksheet

Desperate-Dan 18:09 14 May 08

Hi, I'm in the process of sending a dvd-rw drive back to samsung,but I first have to have the RMA number,samsung sent me a RMA request form as a excel worksheet, I've never used excel before, when I select a cell and start to type nothing happens, what do I have to do to activate the curser

VoG II 18:12 14 May 08

You shouldn't have to do anything except click in a cell and type.

Desperate-Dan 18:22 14 May 08

Well thats what I thought, but the curser doesn't activate, I can move the curser around its in the shape of a cross, as I say when I type nothing.

Pine Man 18:28 14 May 08

It should be a cross initially. Have you tried clicking on a cell then clicking in the formula bar and then typing?

Desperate-Dan 18:33 14 May 08

yes I tried that, nothing

Pine Man 18:36 14 May 08

I would suggest you reinstall the program as it appears to be corrupt.

Desperate-Dan 18:51 14 May 08

I think thats the problem I don't think I have it,I can't find excel, I have microsft works spreadsheet, and I've got excel viewer but thats it

VoG II 19:30 14 May 08

Close the file. Start Works Spreadsheet. File > Open, on the files Type drop down select Excel SS (.xls) file, navigate to the file and click OK to open it.

Desperate-Dan 20:01 14 May 08

VoG, Your a Genius, it worked great thanks for your time and help and a thank you to all the replys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…