How do I turn off that horrible modem noise?

Chewie100 19:59 30 Mar 03

Any suggestions? I'm using Windows XP.

recap 20:11 30 Mar 03

click here hope that helps?

Legolas 20:12 30 Mar 03

try this go to controlpanel/phone&modems/modems/highlight your modem and click properties click the modem tab and move the volume slider all the way to the left.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:17 31 Mar 03

If Legolas advice didnt do it try right clicking the Internet icon on desktop (Big E) properties/ connection/settings/properties/configure and move the volume slider to off from there as well.

Regards.

xtreme_computing 12:56 31 Mar 03

and if none of the above work. get some ear plugs. only joking, try this

click here

Paranoid Android 13:06 31 Mar 03

I find it useful to have the sound very quiet in the background, so I can tell if it is dialling or not.

Try some sticky tape over the small hole in the piezo tweeter on the modem. It reduces the racket considerably.

Marvin.

GroupFC 13:24 31 Mar 03

For what it's worth is to follow xtreme_computing's link. This is something that I've been trying to do for ages, and now I can!!

What I realy want to know is how you find these reaaly useful snippets of information?

xtreme_computing 13:35 31 Mar 03

a search engine and in my case google click here it is really useful when you need to find some information of any kind just type the information in the search box and it will list allot of webpages for you to read through containing your search term, very handy indeed.

as in the above case i new there was a command to quite the modem, but like allot of people forget what the command was and a quick search on google, gives your brain a new leash of life.

GroupFC 13:48 31 Mar 03

Thanks, I am relatively new to all this (but learning something new every day!). I'll keep your advice in mind for my next problem!

xtreme_computing 13:54 31 Mar 03

your welcome

Stuartli 14:57 31 Mar 03

AT Command Sets listed here:

click here

and here:

click here

among others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…