how do i turn on ALL of my drivers in safe mode?

aligw_2k3 16:45 24 Sep 03

i would like to switch all of my drivers on in safe mode as i have tried many things but none of them seem to work. any suggestions?

bremner 16:52 24 Sep 03

The point of safe maode is that it loads with the minimum drivers required to start Windows.

One of the other options when you press F8 is to chose what you load, you will need to take that option.

aligw_2k3 16:55 24 Sep 03

i dont have that i only have; run in safe mode, run in safe mode with networking or run in safe mode with dos. i have windows xp home-should have said that to start with.

powerless 19:38 24 Sep 03

You cannot turn of the drivers as nothing will work.

Windows will use the basic...rubbishy drivers to give you safe mode.

What are you trying to do?

MichelleC 19:54 24 Sep 03

You won't be able to operate in safemode. If you can't get past safemode... look in device manager for any yellows as this is usually a driver conflict.

MichelleC 19:55 24 Sep 03

..operate properly...

powerless 19:56 24 Sep 03

oops misread da post.

aligw_2k3 19:32 26 Sep 03

no, all i want to do is actually turn on my drivers which are disabled when l am in safe mode.

powerless 19:43 26 Sep 03

Ah, you cannot do that.

spikeychris 19:44 26 Sep 03

ALL of your drivers?? almost impossible. If you wanted to access your CD-ROM then whilst the machine was booting up you would go to a command prompt and type "win /d:m" (without quotation marks)

R4 20:35 26 Sep 03

I don't know if you get the option on xp but if on bootup you press F8, list shows options for booting::

Choose select 'step by step confirmation' and select which drivers you wish to use.

But you have to know which ones to load as some interact with others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…