how do i transfer photos from pc to sdhc card

chickabookins 17:37 04 Jun 08

heya, its me again!!
can i ask how do i transfer pics from my pc to my sdhc memory card ive got 1 of those usb thingys what memory card fits in to but after that i have no idea

Diemmess 17:46 04 Jun 08

Are you sure you want to copy pictures from your PC to the camera's card?
Forgive me asking, but why?

If it is necessary to cart some photos around with you, then a pen drive is much the better way.

To copy from the pc to any memory gizmo, find the file you want to copy, and "copy" it can now be "pasted" wherever you like.... camera's memory, a pen drive, or even to another place on your PC

chickabookins 17:55 04 Jun 08

yeh i wana copy the pics to card so i can get them printed off at the do it yourself kodak kisok [sp] i stil want the pics to be on my pc even when copied them i know how to do copy and paste but were do i find the usb/ card file

Diemmess 17:59 04 Jun 08

So sorry chickabookins, I misread your post

Plug your camera card in the reader, and the reader ito a USB port.

Using My Computer you should look for something like Computer (F: may be any latest letter)
double click on the icon and you will probaly see a folder like DCMI.

Open this and there will be another. If you open this one, there should be an entire list of the photos.
Select ALL
Copy
Open a folder you made for your pics, or default to the Windows one and paste them there.

You can of course open these files while still on the camera's card, but in my view it is safer to fiddle and edit files on your PC rather than risk an upset to the camera card.

Diemmess 18:06 04 Jun 08

Catching up and trying to make it less long winded.

Once the camera memory is in the reader and the reader plugged into a USB port, if you look On My Computer you should see the card reader.

This will have a drive letter all to itself, and probably after the CD/DVD.

You will spot it because you won't have seen it there before!

Now double click on the 'stranger', keep opening the folders you see (previous post) and when you reach the obvious list of files you have made it. You can copy, paste, delete- whatever you want.

peter99co 18:10 04 Jun 08

If the photographs have been imported from the camera and then after edit and crop you wish to put them back on the card, I suggest export to an empty card. Do not format the card with the PC you must format the card in the camera.

If the card is in a usb thingy you do as suggested above as long as the thingy is a reader/writer.

I am able to connect the camera to the PC and it displays as F drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…