How do I transfer Opera Bookmarks

Ancient Learner 17:19 23 Apr 05

from v 7.5 to the new v 8.0.

I am having a torrid time with this update so any help would be gratefully received.

I have described what I have been doing on another forum, but perhaps it should really be in this forum.

Ancient Learner 17:21 23 Apr 05

Link is click here

Pesala 18:50 23 Apr 05

File, Import, Opera Bookmarks is the easy way. If you don't know where they are, check the location in Opera, Help, about on the old version. BTW, don't worry about keeping both versions installed together.

That way you can always switch to the old version if you get stuck, and you have a backup for mail, contacts, bookmarks, etc.

Opera 8.0 is noticeably faster, and has some great new features. Stick with it, and you'll soon get it working right again.

Ancient Learner 19:43 29 Apr 05

I have eventually done it by exporting the Bookmarks to My Docs from the old version of Opera, and then importing them from there to the new version. Why they haven't done this within the update, heaven alone knows, as anyone with half a mind would realise that such things should not be overwritten with useless stuff.

And why hasn't this new version got a spell checker incorporated within it. Again, you would have thought that it should not be necessary to separately install one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…