How do I transfer mobile phone photos to computer

curly 16:41 23 Mar 05

I have a Nokia 6610i phone. How can I transfer photos taken with the phone onto my computer? I have a USB connection to fit the phone. I use Windows XP home.

FelixTCat 17:31 23 Mar 05

Did the Nokia come with any software? Does it have a file transfer capability?

jbp1982 17:46 23 Mar 05

I use an infra red port. You just hook an IR port up to a usb slot, install the drivers if required, XP has support for some, others you need to install yourself.

Then you simply choose the photos on your phone, select options, choose send and pick Infra Red. Works like a TV Remote, line of sight, point it at the IR data port. This method allows you to send from any mobile that supports IR and vice versa you can send from the PC.

To use the usb connection you need to install drivers for the phone on the computer. Did you get a cd in the box that the phone came in? If not try looking at the nokia website.

click here

Pamy 20:39 23 Mar 05

Hi Curly, You could just send the photo to your e-mail address from your mobile.

Pamy

FRANKMAC 03:58 24 Mar 05

Download the Nokia PC suite from thier site, it enables file transfers between Phone and PC.

click here

hth mac

georgemac © 07:28 24 Mar 05

I use this usb irda adapter click here and nokia pc suite - works great.

See the advice on the top review about changing the model number on the driver page.

vienna1981 16:05 24 Mar 05

also depending on your network, for example, Vodafone have a Media album that you sign up for and it allows you to upload pics from your mobile to the online media album and so from there you can save the pics onto your pc

curly 16:11 24 Mar 05

Thank you for all the comments. I have now downloaded the driver and nokia transfer software and will take it from there. Thank you also for the excellent suggestion that I email photos to myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…