How do I transfer data to my new hard drive.

benj 18:59 15 Mar 03

I have installed a new 20gb hard disk on my computer and made it the master drive and the old 6.5 gb drive the slave. I would like to know in great detail how I can transfer all the data such as Norton System Works, Lotus Smartsuite, Outlook Express and Internet Explorer and all my other software to the new hard drive. A detail explanation of how to do this would be greatly appreciated.I have installed Windows 98se onto the new drive.

Diemmess 19:13 15 Mar 03

Outline, (not "Great Detail")
You have your W98SE up and running, all the basic stuff like modem monitor and printer working?

The rest is patience.........All you applications will have to be re-installed from their disks.... This is to integrate them in your new o/s.

Then the various tweaks and lesser programs to make things run the way you want them.

Data as such, can simply be dragged off the old HDD into the new folders you have made on your new drive.

If it is not too late, or you have Partition Magic, I would strongly recommend partition of Drive C: with the o/s as small as you can say 3Gb keep all the applications on a what's left of your 20Gb, then you can make an "image" of c: park it on "D:" against the day when your Win98SE becomes so grotty that you feel like re-installing

MAJ 19:26 15 Mar 03

benj, to avoid confusion, would you close one of these two identical posts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…