How do I transfer an audobook to the itunes library?

sheila.weston 09:28 AM 05 Aug 11
Answered

I have downloaded a *.wma audiofile from my locaL library onto my Vista laptop. It is now in my /media folder. How do I transfer it to the itunes folder? I have tried various copy and paste methods, but it does not show up when I open itunes. If I try to import it (using 'add folder to library', when itunes is open I am told that it needs converting to the AAC format - but it needs the wma format to work. I want to eventually transfer it to my ipod, as I caan't download it directly into the ipod for some reason.

Any other suggestions?

sheila.weston 09:30 AM 05 Aug 11

Sorry about the typing errors!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:12 AM 05 Aug 11

It will be a DRM protected file see here for how to get on your ipod

sheila.weston 12:21 PM 05 Aug 11

No, I don't think it is as I have got a book onto the ipod the other week, but can' remember what I did differently!! I have the necessary overdrive files on my pc - the download just goes to the wrong place - I am sure that it went into the itunes folder before.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:41 PM 05 Aug 11
Answer

HAve a read here

sheila.weston 22:45 PM 05 Aug 11

Brilliant! Very many thanks, Fruitbat. With your help I have cracked it. I thought that I had to get the file into itunes, somehow, and hadn't looked at it in Overdrive. I used the 'transfer' tab in Overdrive and it seems to have worked - took 1.5 hours to transfer eight parts. It doesn't show up atall in itunes on the pc, but that is no problem. Along the way I was told to 'adjust the AAC import settings', but I ignored that and it seems to work quite OK. perhaps that is more important for music. Thanks again.

onionskin 23:01 PM 05 Aug 11

1.5 HOURS! read this

sheila.weston 11:28 AM 06 Aug 11

Thanks, again. You have given me/us a lot to follow up!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites