How Do I Thank People For Their Advice/Support?

Legslip 23:53 01 Sep 09

I have used this forum for some time to get out of various sorts of trouble very successfuly. What I would like to do is thank people for their efforts with resolving my problems. Is their a recognised way of doing this?

birdface 00:01 02 Sep 09

Yes.I think you just did it.

Legslip 00:08 02 Sep 09

Thanks Buteman. It is an excellent source of knowledge and has improved my PC skills dramatically but at the end of each enquiry I would like to thank participants, as i just believe in good manners.

DieSse 00:11 02 Sep 09

Then just make a final post on each thread saying thank you. It's always appreciated.

Legslip 00:15 02 Sep 09

Thanks Diesse but do the contibutors see it?

Sea Urchin 00:25 02 Sep 09

I am sure most people who respond to questions follow the thread through from beginning to end. Whenever a posting is added the thread comes to the top of "My Postings" making it easier to keep track.

So the answer to your last question must be "yes".

birdface 00:31 02 Sep 09

I am in the middle of getting help from Crossbow 7 and he has been ever so patient with me.
I also have a thread on Speakers corner about my garden.
If you have a problem it does not matter what it is, There is always someone to give you the advice you need.
It is just like being back at school as you learn something new every day.

Strawballs 00:53 02 Sep 09

That is what we are all here for and as said before a one liner stateing what it was that worked for any others who might be folling the thread with a similar problem and ticking it as resolved.

emma-1351090 09:45 02 Sep 09

Others may have the same problems with you.When they read your solved posts,you are helping others.

Pamy 10:10 02 Sep 09

And please don't just tick the box as resolved without saying who or how you resolved it.

Sea Urchin 11:06 02 Sep 09

I couldn't agree with you more

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…