How do I temporarily disable McAfee

goodley 12:13 16 May 06

The instructions for installing my new Epson C1100 printer tell me to disable my anti-virus software before installing the printer drivers. I know it's a very basic question, but how do I do this without deinstalling it altogether? I have looked in Security Centre to no avail.

Angela

SANTOS7 12:25 16 May 06

click here
this may help..

goodley 14:24 16 May 06

Santos7 - many thanks, this worked. Even more stupid question, how do I re-enable McAfee? The icon isn't on my desktop anymore.

beynac 14:34 16 May 06

Reboot your computer - it should restart.

Gonzo 23:53 13 Sep 06

As a side comment whats the Epson C1100 like as I was thinking of getting one but haven't decided if it will be the network version or not as my router has a parallel port printer server, i could go for the cheaper basic one if it is compatably.

Gonzo 00:03 14 Sep 06

Op's just been to the netgear site and no epson laser printers work with print servers so looks like the network version or stick to direct computer connection. still like to know what you think of the printer though please goodley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…