How do I swap case in Word?

Colin-335923 11:49 09 Jan 04

I am sure we have all done it even though there is a little light on to tell us that we are printing capital letters! Not being a "touch typist" I don't look at the screen while I type, I look at the keyboard.
Recently, I have been updating our Christmas card list and tapping Caps Lock when it comes to the postcode. However, the next entry starts off in upper case as I haven't tapped Caps Lock again.
In the days before I went PC when I used my Acorn Archimedes, I used Impression Style WP. When you needed to swap case you pressed Ctrl-s and the letter or words, (letter by letter but very quick if you keep the 2 keys pressed), would swap case, either from lower to upper or vice versa - very handy for people like me.
Is there something as simple as this somewhere in Word? If there isn't, couldn't someone out there write a little add on?

leo49 11:50 09 Jan 04

Format/Toggle Case

leo49 11:52 09 Jan 04

Sorry Format/Change case

beeuuem 11:55 09 Jan 04

This may not be exactly what you are after.

From Word help

Vary the case of text
Select the text you want to change.

On the Format menu, click Change Case.

Click the capitalization option you want.
For Help on an option, click the question mark and then click the option.

Big Elf 11:56 09 Jan 04

Repeatedly pressing the Shift+F3 key goes through each type.

Big Elf 12:09 09 Jan 04

Depending on which version of Windows you have you can set the Accessibility option 'ToggleKeys' to make a beep when Caps Lock is switched on and off.

billyliv 12:53 09 Jan 04

Hi, Highlight all the text in capitals, shift + F3. Cheers, Bill

AubreyS 13:08 09 Jan 04

A useful tip. If you ever accidentally hit the caps lock button without noticing. If you go to Control Panel, Accessibility Options, the put a tick in, Use Toggle Keys. From then on, if you hit the Caps Lock, Scroll Lock or Num lock button you will get a bleep to warn you.

Big Elf 13:19 09 Jan 04

Deja Vu

AubreyS 13:26 09 Jan 04

Big Elf.

Someone asked me once what Deja Vu meant, I said, have you asked me that before?

Big Elf 13:37 09 Jan 04

:0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…