How do I stop them

lazanda 12:12 13 Sep 04

Just got Broadband in my new place (at last) with BT. Only thing is I keep getting these annoying *******'s putting things on my pc like 'weathercast' and 'horoscopes r us'. Every time I log off now I change add remove programms and get rid of them.
I have xp pro with sp2, use AVG virus software which is gret, but I still get these things added to my pc. I never got this with NTL, does this make a difference ? any way I can stop them ?

How do these people get away with loading thier rubbish on my pC!!
sorry - rant over.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul.

ZEROTOLERANCE 12:14 13 Sep 04

do you mean popups?

lazanda 12:27 13 Sep 04

No, I have them blocked already.

I literally have applications loaded on to my PC without my knowledge. Next thing I know, there is some stupid icon in my task bar or a new application in my main menu.

ventanas 12:39 13 Sep 04

click here Does this look like what is happening.

ventanas 12:42 13 Sep 04

click here Another explanation.

rawprawn 12:51 13 Sep 04

Download and run this, see if that helpsclick here.

VoG II 12:55 13 Sep 04

Install Spywareblaster click here

lazanda 13:17 13 Sep 04

That is exactly who it is. I keep seeing the pop up start too and I just close it. It seems to get through my pop up blocker. I will follow these instructions and get rid of it.

How do these scumbags get away with this ? pay them and they will remove it. Its literally criminal.

VOG - I will be downloading this too.

Thankyou all,

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…