how do I stop this spam?

bumpkin 19:15 PM 15 Dec 11
Answered

Hi everyone, I keep getting spammed by someone called "Eric Mitchell" How do I stop this? using Mozilla.

Ray

Woolwell 19:17 PM 15 Dec 11

Are you using Thunderbird or webmail through Firefox (both Mozilla)? Or do you have another e-mail client. You probably need to put this sender on your blocked list.

bumpkin 19:27 PM 15 Dec 11

Hi, I am using Thunderbird, I want to block this sender and I should know to do it but I can`t. Ray

Woolwell 19:31 PM 15 Dec 11
  bumpkin 20:07 PM 15 Dec 11

Thanks but can anyone give a simple answer?

johnnyrocker 21:29 PM 15 Dec 11

block address?

johnny

lotvic 21:44 PM 15 Dec 11

You could log on to your mail server and mark the emails as Spam or in Thunderbird put sender on Blacklist

Message Filters has option to mark mail as "Junk" http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=148038

http://help.thunderbird.edu/content/whitelist-or-blacklist-email-address

bumpkin 22:22 PM 15 Dec 11

Hi, thanks to all for your replies. I am going to try woolwells suggestion first but I won`t know for a while if the spam has stopped. Will feed back either way. Ray

Woolwell 22:27 PM 15 Dec 11

lotvic's final link is probably easier.

bumpkin 19:29 PM 16 Dec 11
Answer

Thanks to all for your help now sorted.

Ray

Terry Brown 20:01 PM 16 Dec 11

Unless you have a massive contact list, the option I use is create filters for the people I want to recieve emails from and leave the rest in the inbox.

That way you can straight to the email you want, have a quick look at the inbox in case anything interesting has turned up .Move to a folder called (e.g. To be checked) and delete the rest

Terry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED