How do I stop 'Run As' pop up box ?

kennyfreed 19:58 07 Jul 08

I have spent the last couple of days disinfecting my son's laptop with various spyware, adware, antivirus, anti-rootkit programs and now believe that it is clean. My problem is that the 'Run As' window keeps popping up now every time I click on a program. I have tried disabling the secondary logon service but the window still appears. How can I stop it.
There are two administer accounts only, one default and the other created at XP Pro setup.

rossgolf 20:01 07 Jul 08

is there a checkbox to say like ...use this option from now on ...or something similar

kennyfreed 22:15 07 Jul 08

Windows update doesn't work either (0x800A0046), tried all the documented fixes to no avail. I am beginning to think the security policies for the the admin accounts has been compromised during infection.

woodchip 22:22 07 Jul 08

TheAdmin as been created by Windows update, I just deleted it on mine. You could try running from run box SFC /SCANNOW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…