How do I stop programe loading when I boot up?

tonyx1302 21:37 09 Aug 04

Can someone please tell me how to stop my Music Match prog. loading everytime I boot up. I have looked for a box to untick in settings but cannot find anything.

Many thanks

Tony

stalion 21:39 09 Aug 04

os please

Dan the Confused 21:42 09 Aug 04

Click START>RUN and type msconfig (press enter) and click on STARTUP tab. You can then uncheck it to stop it being loaded everytime you boot up.

woodchip 21:43 09 Aug 04

Go to start\run and type MSCONFIG press enter then go to startup tab and remove ticks for programs you want to stop

tonyx1302 22:08 09 Aug 04

Thanks for the replies. I run XP and have tried your suggestions but Musicmatch is not shown in the list of programs.Any further ideas please? Many thanks Tony

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:13 09 Aug 04

Startup Managers:-
WinPatrol click here

Try this will also help against spyware that tries to instal itself to run on startup.

Dan the Confused 22:14 09 Aug 04

Try this click here

woodchip 22:18 09 Aug 04

Go to Control Panel\Administrator double click the icon then click services, if you see the Program right click and change to manual

woodchip 22:18 09 Aug 04

PS it will be set to Automatic

johnnyrocker 22:42 09 Aug 04

in musicmatch go to help/options or preferences and deselect run at start up or uninstall and configure it in preferences settings on re install

johnny.

tonyx1302 23:15 09 Aug 04

Thanks everyone. I took all ideas on board and Fruitbat's WinPatrol zapped it! ( good little prog that one ). I was going to use your suggestion J.R to re install if others didn't work and Dan's Windows Inspector didn't list it but thanks anyway.
Off for my beauty sleep now, with a smile of contentment on my face and hoping my wife hasn't noticed I have been on my pc for over three hours on what was going to be 'just a quick log on !!!!!!!!!

Many thanks

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…