How Do I Stop Nero Adding Itself To The Start Menu

Justy 22:52 15 Mar 05

Hi,

I installed nero from a cd that came with my laptop but have this problem. I have nero oem version 6.3.1.20 and nero visionexpress 2 se 2.1.2.18 and moved the start menu shortcuts to another place. When I restart windows a new folder appears called "Nero" with all the shortcuts. I have tried msconfig to disable nerocheck but this doesn't stop it from adding to the start menu again. Can someone tell me what I can do to stop this from happening? I'm using windows xp by the way. Thanks,

Jus

hugh-265156 23:30 15 Mar 05

when installing nero i think you should have the option of adding a shortcut to the start menu or quick launch menu, if you dont want this untick the boxes in the nero installer.

or just right click the shortcuts in your start or all programs menu and 'delete' the shortcuts or 'remove from list' if you want.

ami 23:32 15 Mar 05

Don't know about XP but this works in earlier versions of Windows.
Click on a blank area of the taskbar, click 'properties' and in the dialouge box select the 'Advanced' tab.
Modify the start menu by ticking or un-ticking the relevant boxes.
Re-start the computer and your start menu should be the way you want it.

Neth 08:51 19 Mar 05

Not an answer just a work round, I found this only happens if I use ‘Nero StartSmart’ not any of the other Nero programs.

All the option in StartSmart are available in the other Nero start menu shortcuts, so there is no need to use ‘Nero StartSmart’.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…