How do I stop the little Pop-ups on this site?

TonyV 19:40 05 Apr 10

I find it very irritating when browsing through the Helproom pages on this site and I happen to cross some of the key words that are shown in green. Someting like "Excel" or "File Sharing" or "Windows" etc. and a pop-up appears usually from "Bing" or some other advertising gimmick telling me where I can get Excel etc!

Is there any settings that can stop this happening or is it something we have to live with?

Cheers

TonyV

birdface 19:43 05 Apr 10

IE7Pro Add-on If using I/E Make sure Ad-blocker is ticked and mini download manager is unticked.or Adblocker Plus if using Firefox.

TonyV 19:48 05 Apr 10

Perhaps I should have said, I am on XP SP3 and IE8. I do not have IE7Pro Add-on or Ad-blocker!

Does this mean that IE7Pro Add-on will not function with IE8?

TonyV

birdface 19:54 05 Apr 10

No it means download and use IE7pro Add-on.

birdface 19:56 05 Apr 10

Or maybe use this.

click here

TonyV 19:57 05 Apr 10

Thanks very much. I will check with Google and see where I can download it from.

Will let you know how I get on.

TonyV

Terry Brown 20:05 05 Apr 10

Don't you realise, that to geta 'FREE' service you need to have adverts, which pay per click to PCAdvisor.

Or you could have a choice, pay for the forum or lose it!.
Terry

anniesboy 20:11 05 Apr 10

Have a look here also,
click here

TonyV 20:25 05 Apr 10

Of course I realise that adverts are necessary and I have no problems with those wrapped around the pages, what I do object to are those that constantly pop-up when I traverse across the keywords.

TonyV

TonyV 20:36 05 Apr 10

It has now been sorted by using buteman's link above to IE7Pro Add-on. This was also mentioned on your link as well. Thanks

buteman
Thanks for your help. They now do not pop-up!!

Cheers

TonyV

six-h 23:38 05 Apr 10

Just reading this thread has made me aware that those "keyword" roll-overs are no longer appearing on my machine!
Is it something I've done, or have they been discontinued?
I admit it was something of an artform whilst mousing around to try and dodge them but I didn't find them as intrusive as the "ticker" was.
I followed advice here to successfully stop that one, not sure if it's still active though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5