How do I stop "Limited User" using Contol Panel ?

boot-it-out 18:05 23 Aug 05

Windows XP Pro - I have set up a Limited User account for the "little ones", and would like to prevent them from gaining access to the Control Panel.

I can see how to remove the Control Panel for all users via the gpedit.msc utility, but can't figure out how to do this for the Limited User account only ??

Many Thanks.

mattyc_92 18:11 23 Aug 05

Why do you wish to do this? A limited account can only change settings for his/her own account.

If you wish to "hide" the Control Panel, then their passwords can't be changed (you or another administrator will have to change it for them). You can also hide specific features from the Control Panel, which will still allow others to change their passwords without asking you....

You could use something like "WinGuides Tweak Manager" from click here

boot-it-out 18:18 23 Aug 05

matty ....

I want to do this to prevent the kids accessing the Control Panel ! - For one thing it looks like they can still access Add/Remove programs from there, and also make other changes - even with a Limited User account - which I don't want them to do....

... I would have thought that with the sophistication of Win XP this would be "do-able" without having to resort to buying 3rd party utilities like the one you advise.

As stated I can disable access to Control Panel for everyone, but I just want to do thsi for the Limited User account...

Thanks anyway- top marks for the speedy reply :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…