How do I stop interminable email from downloading?

concise 17:30 26 Jan 05

I have 6 emails waiting to download. No.2 is a extremely large BMP picture. No. 1 downloads then 2 downloads for about an hour and then the PC goes off line. When I go back online the whole dreadful business repeats from No.1. I tried putting the sender in 'block sender' to no avail. I can see my incoming email list growing to an immense length over the years and not being able to access it while this wretched picture that I don't want anyway struggles to get in. I've had umpteen goes at this it did appear once before shutting down but wasn't there when I fired up again. Help.

rawprawn 17:39 26 Jan 05

click here Try this, I don't use it myself but I think you should be able to delete the one you don't want

wallbash 17:42 26 Jan 05

When I have this problem, I go and use webmail , and delete !

I'm on NTL cable , its easy. But lets have some more info .... ISP etc

Modo 17:44 26 Jan 05

It depends on your mail set up.

If you are using OE or Outlook and you are picking up from a web based pop3 server you can usually go to the webmail version of your mail server through your browser and delete from there.

If not at the other end of the spectrum of options you may have the only alternative of calling your ISP/mail provider and asking them to remove the offending mail from the server - if they will.

Ultimately more info needed.

wee eddie 17:44 26 Jan 05

Who are you signed up with?

Modo 17:50 26 Jan 05

rawprawn that looks interesting for concise's problem.

I presume it works as a proxy web based mailhost between your actual mail account and your PC. Depending on how it works it may not be able to deal with what has already arrived in his e-mail accounts server. But the free trial will show that.

megat193 18:10 26 Jan 05

Yes, it will allow deletion at the server end. It is also very useful for deleting spam and unwanted emails. The free version only allows one email address, whilst the pay version is unlimited.

johnnyrocker 18:14 26 Jan 05

click here and log in with your e mail addy and password and edit from there, or you can go into the properties of your mail a/c on your pc and extend the time out.

johnnyrocker 18:16 26 Jan 05

forgot to add that this is happening because the d/load of mails does not get to finish and therefore leaves them all on the server til next time.

Bagsey 18:18 26 Jan 05

You should be able to use webmail. Or use click here and delete from thee

johnnyrocker 18:30 26 Jan 05

the mail2 web site is having a lot of difficulties being accessed on your link bagsey but one gets to the same place using mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…