How do I speed test my computer

dagbladet 16:37 10 Sep 03

I can't find any reviews for my PC. Just out of interest is there anyway to run the tests myself to see how it compares ?

Chegs ® 16:45 10 Sep 03
  dagbladet 16:51 10 Sep 03

Chegs these are all modem connection speed tests. What I mean is, when you see a group test of say 10 pc's in a magazine and they rate them by various criterea including some kind of speed test. I've looked through all the mags, done searches on the major search engine but can't find a single review for my machine. Packard Bell Imedia 5167.

Chegs ® 17:26 10 Sep 03

PC Pitstop is a machine tester(not really rated by users here)If your after a puter tester,due to the many variations in hardware,would require several tester progs(and most I have seen around the net require a hefty d/l)Usually,mag reviews use professional apps(similar to 3D-Mark)that test each component,and the reviewer gives it a "score" that is averaged between the tests.I tried a quick search for a review of your machine,and got very little. click here

Mango Grummit 17:35 10 Sep 03

I think you are talking about bench-marking. The tools that do that, for the pro's, are not within the average home user budget. No point in spending all that money to test ONE machine.

If you think your machine is slow then of course comparison can be helpful. Best thing would be to start a new thread offering up your times for booting and/or running/loading this that or the next thing, together with your machine spec and OS in order that others with same/similar setups can tell you how yours compare with theirs.

M

Sparks 17:55 10 Sep 03

I also think you are talking about bench marking, if I remember rightly PCA used to refere to it from time to time and the program was "Ziff-Davis Benchmarks". Sorry I can't tell you any more about it or if it is still available.

dagbladet 18:15 10 Sep 03

Thanks guys, to be honest it's not running particularly slowly. It's just never featured in comparison tests and I was curious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009